UPP & Climate Change Open Letter
We, the undersigned, demand that the UPP adopt an industry-leading climate policy …
- Why an oil firm’s legal win is bad news for climate actionKyla Tienhaara and Rachel Thrasher, Context 2022
- How treaties protecting fossil fuel investors could jeopardize global efforts to save the climate – and cost countries billions.R. Thrasher, B. Simmons & K. Tienhaara, 2022. The Conversation.
- Lessons from Australia show CCUS is about capturing public opinion and public finances, not carbonTienhaara, K. and J. Walker, 2022. National Observer.
- On climate change, Canada’s pension sector must demonstrate that both values and value matterDownes, P., A. Paras, S. Rutherford & K. Tienhaara, 2022. National Observer.
- COP26: experts react to the UN climate summit and Glasgow Pact(contributing author) The Conversation.
- We need to rethink investment treaties to ensure a rapid and just energy transitionTienhaara, K., 2021. IIED Blog.
- Kingston needs a Green New DealTienhaara, K. and J. Milloy, 2021. Kingstonist.
- Ontario’s newest university pension plan has a chance to get divestment rightHoffmann, M., C. Johnson & K. Tienhaara, 2021. National Observer.
- The tale of the dead oil pipeline and the zombie trade agreementTienhaara, K., 2021. Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives (CCPA) Monitor Magazine.
- Keystone XL legal risks highlight dangers of putting investors before climate changeTienhaara, K., 2021. The Conversation.
- A Green and Just Recovery Would Benefit All CanadiansTienhaara, K. & R. Labonté, 2020. Hill Times.
- How to build a better Canada after COVID-19: Launch a fossil-free futureTienhaara, K., A. Janzwood & A. Carter, 2020. The Conversation.
- Coronavirus and the economy: We need green stimulus not fossil fuel bailoutsTienhaara, K., 2020. The Conversation.
- World Bank ruling against Pakistan shows global economic governance is brokenTienhaara, K., 2019. The Conversation.
- The Green New Deal is Going GlobalTienhaara, K., 2019. The Conversation (reprinted in The National Post).
- Green New Deal Critics Can’t See the Forest For the TressThe Conversation, 28 February 2019.
- The Fossil Fuel Era is Coming to an End, but the Lawsuits are Just BeginningThe Conversation, 18 December 2018.
- Democracy Is The Biggest Victim In Turnbull’s War On CharitiesNew Matilda, 15 March 2018 (with John Dryzek).
- Is India holding the line against another TPP?East Asia Forum, 20 May 2016 (with Belinda Townsend).
- The dismissal of a case against plain cigarette packaging is good news for taxpayersThe Sydney Morning Herald, 20 December 2015
- The TPP has been released and our concerns have been vindicatedThe Drum, 6 November 2015.
- Canada has an ISDS clause with the US. It has faced 35 challenges. Is this Australia’s future?The Conversation, 9 October 2015.
- Tobacco carve-out highlights risks of TPPThe Age, 7 October 2015.
- Govt should own up to cost of tobacco litigationThe Canberra Times, 31 July 2015 (with Deb Gleeson).
- Half-Baked China-Australia Free Trade Agreement is Lop-Sided(with Gus Van Harten), Sydney Morning Herald, 19 June 2015.
- Leaked TPP Investment Chapter Shows Risk to Australia’s Health(with Deb Gleeson and Sharon Friel), The Conversation, 10 April 2015.
- Interview on Trans Pacific Partnership on Lateline (ABC TV)31 March 2015.
- These TPP Safeguards Won’t Protect Us from ISDSThe Drum, 26 March 2015.
- China free trade: is there a devil in the detail?The Drum, 17 November 2014.
- ISDS: The devil in the trade deal (interview)Background Briefing, ABC News Radio National, 14 September 2014.
- ACCI’s Right to Sue Campaign Not Supported by the FactsThe Conversation, 13 August 2012.
- Government Wins First Battle in Plain Packaging WarThe Conversation, 16 August 2012.
- Foreign Investors Suing GovernmentsLate Night Live, ABC Radio National, 20 June 2012.
- Air of Intrigue in Move Against Plain PackagingCanberra Times, 24 November 2011.
- Preserving Governments’ Right to RegulateEast Asia Forum Quarterly, January-March 2011, 31-2.